Thursday, November 01, 2007

He Chose.... Poorly

So I am concerned about how rapidly old I've gotten in three days. Did I drink from the wrong cup?

The Evidence:

  • The highlight of the week was learning that I get to go to bed at midnight instead of 11:30. For some reason, this is a huge deal.

  • Today, I had time to go to Home Depot and get a lamp for my desk. The satisfaction derived from how much this light-source will improve my office experience is not commensurate with the value of this lamp.

  • Jessie and I spend at least an hour a day complaining about being tired.

  • I found a way to use the word "commensurate" in a sentence.

  • I created this list with actual HTML code instead of with any buttons.

  • This blog post is the shortest one in months.


In other news, I got a $40 ticket from the State of Delaware for being unable to pay a $4 fare.

An Open Letter to Delaware:

Dear Delaware,

What the hell is wrong with you? All I wanted to do was get out of your sorry excuse for a state. Obviously in order to stem the exodus of decent, hard-working Americans from your sociofacist demonocracy, you've chosen to pave your highways in the blood of taxpayers.

I don't know how you found me in Virginia, nor to what end your demonic powers toil, but fuck, man, get a life. It was $4. Get over yourself. You are not a cool state. You are something I drive through to get somewhere else. I would rather go to New Jersey. In fact, I drove THROUGH you to get to New Jersey. You're not even the pussy. You're the LEAKY CONDOM through which I wriggled on my way to the dank recesses of Jersey.

I hope you sink a body of black water.

Love,
Martin

0 comments: