Friday, June 09, 2006

Robin Williams Night

I'm in the Springs with Jessie tonight, sitting on her full bed with the slats that fall out. I'm on the bed, she's on the floor. We both have laptops in front of us, and we're not speaking. Comfortable silence. I'm staying at her place through the weekend, a chance to be together before a summer spent living with our parents, stealing kisses when they aren't looking.

It's going to be impossible. I don't know about other people, but I like to have sex with someone beside myself at least once a month. To stay in practice. To stay sane. It becomes increasingly difficult when parents are asleep nearby, more exciting, yes, but more difficult, and I know soon I'll be yearning for the days when I had my castle on the hill, my own queen bed, my own candles burning.

I arrived in Berkeley Springs late last night after a tragic dodgeball loss. The only bright spot of the evening was when Margaret showed up as a surprise at the end of the last few games. It was a good surprise. I haven't seen her in eight months. It looks like New York hasn't dimmed her one bit. Mark's getting ready to go there at the end of the summer, and I am looking for roommates to live with in Squirrel Hill until I'm done with school next May. Seems like everyone's heading somewhere.

We saw "RV" tonight. Not your typical fare, sure, but it was genuinely funny and didn't pretend to be something it was not. There is something eternal in watching a man struggle to make others happy, especially when it's his own family. If you're looking for something light and airy to dissolve on your film tongue, I'd recommend it. Like water with lime, it goes down just fine.

To bed, to bed. We'll share our warmth and laugh, dream of tomorrows to come and yesterdays long gone. I believe a picnic is the order of the day tomorrow. Maybe we'll hit Hershey Park. The last time I was there I was a little boy. I wanted to go on the roller coaster so bad, so I made my mom wait in line to go with me and when it finally came time to get on, I freaked out and started screaming and crying and flailing because I was so afraid.

Upwards!

0 comments: