Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Walking in Circles

Holy God I've graduated from the University of Pittsburgh.

What are you standing there for? Jesus, get me a drink or something!

Wrote my last paper ever tonight. I would offer you choice phrases from it but that would be ridiculous. Suffice it to say the topic was post-modernism, and if that isn't enough to turn you off from wanting to read it you should go into academia where self-negating theoretical approaches to things are bandied about like acorns amongst drunken squirrels.

That said, I think I had some pretty brilliant things to say, but that comes as no surprise to you, dear Reader, does it?

Ahh. I've been so motivated to write on the blog recently. It's certainly not because I've had more time to write. I find that the more time I have to do things, the fewer things get done. My productivity is inversely proportional to the amount of time I have to be productive. Mum says that the things we do expand to the time allotted them, and so if you're doing nothing, well, nothing is all that you'll do all the time. I should make a list of wise things people tell me. It would be long and worthy, and worth rereading.

So does quoting my mom change your perception of me? Does calling her "mum" instead of "Mom" make any difference? I bet you it did. I bet you you just read that and said, "Why is he quoting his mom? He must live at home and play with himself all the time."

How have you been? I heard about the thing. I'm sorry, I... I didn't know. They'll be able to sew it back on. I'm sure of it. You did the right thing.

So in addition to walking around in circles, wondering where the heck I am supposed to go next, I've been working on a couple of projects. I've got a couple of really neat things in the works (I know, I know, "checks in the mail," but things are actually happening). I'm the lead editor on "The Pittsburgh Polio Story," currently working on the development trailer. My dear friend Dr. Sheahan out at Mother of Sorrows School has me doing something akin to a development trailer for her school, and that will air on local cable here in June. It'll be the first project that I'll have shot, edited, and scored myself. I'm proud of how it's turning out so far. The polio thing should be done within the year, and we're hoping for national distribution. At the very least it'll air on WQED here in Pittsburgh, though I think the story is worthy of everyone.

Still working at Apple. I would write more about it but, um, they fire you if you talk about your job, especially on the internet. Actually I might get fired just for telling you they fire people.

And of course, work continues on HFTH. Mark is coming home in a few weeks and we're gonna bust out some more ADR. It's time consuming but awesome, and he's great at it. Just need to finish out Dan and Jenn and we're good to go on that front. I'm slowly getting a second-wind here, about to besiege the internet with requests for effects help.

I don't feel very pithy tonight. I know how you like it pithy. Like I said, I'm walking around in circles. I picked a bad time to quit sniffing glue. Mm... sweet glue clarity.


Martin

3 comments:

Awesomefellow said...

HAPPY GRADUATION!!!!!
And also congrats on your success in the world of media.

Martin said...

Thanks, buddy! Hope to see you in May :)

Awesomefellow said...

I'll be coming to the area on the 10th and returning the 16th.